Installation Debian 10 (buster)

General discussions about how to formulate a script for FlexPDE.

Installation Debian 10 (buster)

Postby lau_wi on Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:27 am

Hi all,
Today, I upgraded our cluster to Debian 10. Unfortunatelly, when i tried to install FlexPDE, none of the installations for 7.18 worked. I tried all tar.gz archives and always got library incompatibilities (libjpeg, libpng or libssl). I also tried alien to convert the rpm package to deb, also no success. I also tried with the libraries provided in this post: http://www.pdesolutions.com/download/fp ... _64.tar.gz
Could you help?
Thanks a lot,
Laurin
lau_wi

Re: Installation Debian 10 (buster)

Postby moderator on Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 pm

If Debian 10 has newer libraries than what was used to compile it on our side, then you will probably have to find and install the older versions.

If you can list the libs that are missing, with there versions, we can try to post a bundle with them in it. (That is what the fpde7liblinux download was, but for a different scenario.)

Postby lau_wi on Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:35 am

Thanks a lot,
The installation of the ubuntu-compiled version says:
./flexpde7: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
However, other versions (suse) indicate different library incompatibilities. May be there are more for the ubuntu version, too?
lau_wi

Postby moderator on Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:50 pm

I would expect that there will be more than just the libjpeg.so.8, but they will only report the first one I think. Then after fixing that one it will report the next. Kind of tedious. You could try using "ldd" to list all of the library dependencies and verify which ones are in your system. That way you could get a full list of missing libraries, instead of doing one at a time. I am certainly willing to do one at a time, but that will take us a lot of back-and-forth.

You can probably download the libjpeg.so.8 from the net. Install it at the same location as the other libjpeg libraries your system has (ldd can also show you where FlexPDE is expecting it to be).

Return to FlexPDE Discussion