Lite version Node limit

General discussions about how to formulate a script for FlexPDE.

Lite version Node limit

Postby zhkhan on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:21 pm

Hello!,

I am using FlexPDE Version 6.50/W32. Whenever I increase the grid points (more than 15), I get this, Initial grid size exceeds.
I know one way forward is to change my system to 64 bit and install FlexPDE 7 but due to financial problems this is not going to happen soon.

FlexPDE Version 6.50/W32 is working fine just for my personal needs but to use the graphical results I need smooth rendering.

I am using this for exporting
contour(u) contours=25 export format "#x#b#y#b#1" file="UU.txt"

Is it possible to increase the data point while exporting it?
zhkhan

Re: Lite version Node limit

Postby moderator on Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:08 am

The node limit is imposed because it's the free (Lite) version.
Neither a 64-bit system nor FlexPDE version 7 will remove this restriction.
The only way to remove the node limit is to buy a license for the full version.

You can increase the resolution of the plot using either the global control SELECT CONTOURGRID=<number> or the individual plot modifier POINTS=<number>.
The default value is 51. Increasing this number will not change the resolution of the Finite Element model.

You can increase the resolution of the export table using the same individual plot modifier POINTS=<number>.
The default value is 51. Increasing this number will not change the resolution of the Finite Element model.

You can smooth your ouput using the FIT function (q.v.), but this will not increase the resolution of the Finite Element model.

You can use the MESH_SPACING control (q.v.) if you wish to selectively increase the Finite Element mesh density in a particular area of your domain.

Return to FlexPDE Discussion