Issue when saving picture files for movies

General discussions about how to formulate a script for FlexPDE.

Issue when saving picture files for movies

Postby CDLang1 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:02 pm

Pictures for a movie are saved inconsistently depending on how I open a .pg7 results file.

If I navigate to the results output folder and double click on the .pg7 results file, FlexPDE7 opens; if I make a movie, the picture files are saved to the results output folder, which is what I want to happen. The output folders are arranged under the [DIR] specified in the flexpde7.ini file: C:\Users\Charlie\Documents\FlexPDE7user (also the location of the .ini file).

If I open FlexPDE7, navigate within FlexPDE7 to the output file directory, open the results file, and attempt to make a movie I get an error for every picture file starting with 002 (attached). Running FlexPDE7 as an administrator prevents this error, but the result is not what I want: the first picture file is then saved correctly in the output folder, but the remainder of the picture files are saved under C:\Program Files\FlexPDE7. I need the output to end up in the correct output folder.

I have a workaround but it seems limited. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Charlie
Attachments
FlexPDE7 movie error.JPG
FlexPDE7 movie error.JPG (13.8 KB) Viewed 425 times
CDLang1

Re: Issue when saving picture files for movies

Postby moderator on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:46 pm

There are clearly some errors in the construction of the file path for the movie export. Even in the case when you double-click the .pg7 file (the pde name is completely lost).
We will look into this and try to have a fix in the next version update (v706).

Re: Issue when saving picture files for movies

Postby moderator on Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:37 pm

We have posted an interim repair for this error in v7.06x1. There is a link to the download on the buglist page http://www.pdesolutions.com/buglist7.html.
The repair will also be present in the formal release of version 7.06.

Return to FlexPDE Discussion